Tuesday 2 March 2010

My work from Polymer Clay Color Inspirations by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio.

 Package Colour Testing

Made some with Premo then decided I was going to use Kato as my main clay so made some of those too. It was interesting to see how the colours changed when they were mixed with white and also how the baked colours compared. Useful knowledge so worth doing.

Value Sorting
I found this hard, to see the value of the colours. Then inspiration struck and I used my digital camera in black and white mode as my eye. Now I have got used to the idea I can see the value better myself without digital aids ;) Perhaps that turquiose is between the lighter and mid grey. I am not quite sure how to use value but I hope to work that out one day.





Seeing value through the camera

Tasting Tiles







Premo tasting tiles in green, they have the little pie chart recipe on the back. 

Found it hard to tell the yellows apart when baked so wrote on them to remind me.



I made some of these in Premo and now have to make some in Kato - post to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment